Tuesday 17 April 2018

A Wellness Weekend Getaway

Spa Resorts in GoaIn the New Year, I made a promise to incorporate healthier habits and overall improve my lifestyle. With the first long weekend underway, I decided to treat myself to a wellness weekend and some well-deserved me time. What better destination than Goa, amid the beaches for a calm and serene weekend away. I started by looking out for the better-known spas in Goa, but then I thought why not look for spa resorts in Goa instead. This majorly narrowed down the resorts to the ones located in South Goa, and I thought it for the best as I would always end up staying in the North. I booked a two-night three-day getaway at Alila Goa and was eagerly awaiting the long weekend. On arriving, I immediately asked the Reception for details on their spa packages and most recommended therapies. For each day I booked a spa slot from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm which included a full body spa treatment followed by an ayurvedic therapy for the back, head and feet. Post the spa session, I would head to the room to freshen up which was followed by a leisurely lunch. The food was delicious, and I would end my meal by the poolside with refreshing ‘special of the day’ cocktails.

In the evenings, I would go to the beaches which were closest to the resort and have dinner and drinks at the shacks there. One of the nights though, I decided to dine at the resort, they had an experiential ‘dine in the dark’ meal which you were supposed to eat with a blind fold on – to elevate the sense of taste. This was definitely a unique dining experience I never thought of till now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment